Update by user Sep 08

So after waiting on hold for 35 minutes customer service the representative was very rude and screamed that the charge would fall of. Get some customer service training.

She said since it is on my statement I needed to go to Chase. Went to Redmond Chase and no banker so drove to the Chase in Bend and a very helpful, knowledgeable banker named Mike Powell helped me file a claim.

Thank you Mike. Fred Meyer needs to train their employees like Chase bank!

Original review posted by user Sep 08

On September 7 I shopped at Fred Meyer, Redmond Oregon. I swiped my debit card and the computer took 5 minutes and then froze.

The cashier said to swipe it again so I did. I checked my Chase statement and they had charged me twice. They owe me $103.25! I went into the store and they said they could not do anything and I need to call a 800 number.

I WAS ON HOLD FOR 35 MINUTES. THE REPRESENTATIVE TELLS ME I NEED TO GO TO MY BANK. When I called the store manager she said the charge usually drops off. So you have over $100 of my money for a few days.SHE WAS VERY RUDE AND ABRUPT!

Horrible experience and unbelievable I have to go through all this because of FM *** system. Customers should not have to call a 800 number.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

This is the fault of your bank, not the store. Fire Chase and get a good, local bank or better yet, a credit union.