Olive B Szh
map-marker Versailles, Kentucky

OFFENSIVE MUSAK

I'm not going shopping to have christian music shoved down my throat. I heard about the FM customer benefits with the app and membership, etc. so I went there---only to be assaulted with offensive music. I can't say how much I resent being proselyted when favoring your store with my custom and I do NOT plan on going back.
Pros:
  • Big selection in all departments
Cons:
  • Religious proselyting---the equivalent of jehovah witnesses

Preferred solution: I'd like not to be assaulted with offensive fanatical religious music in the store---but It'll be hard to know whether FM has any concept of equality of religion since I don't plan to go back in there.

User's recommendation: If all they want is religious fanatics and you're not one, STAY AWAY.

LuLu L Zri

| map-marker Bothell, Washington

Pharmacy tech error

Updated by user Feb 19, 2024

My Medicare prescription plan has Fred Meyer pharmacy as my in-network pharmacy. So I will continue to use them to get my in-network prices for my prescriptions.

Original review Feb 15, 2024
I requested a refill of a prescription online. I knew they would need to send a request to refill to my doctor.

The following Monday I called the pharmacy to see if it was being processed ok. The woman that answers the pharmacy phone told me a request had been sent to a doctor that had been retired for 2 years -- not my current physician who wrote the prescription that had just run out. The woman on the phone kept telling me that I had selected the wrong prescription to refill -- I explained to her that the refills available to me on the FM site only shows my most current prescription by my current PCP. She continued to argue with me then asked me if I was "done" and proceeded to hang the phone up.

I called back and asked to speak to someone else. She had me speak with the pharmacist. He tried to explain what happened and did not seem to hear me so I asked for the manager of the pharmacy. He said the manager would be in at 1:00.

I went to the store only to discover they close at 1:00 for lunch. Turns out the manager was the same pharmacist I spoke with on the phone. I took in screen shots of my refill page to show them I could not have selected any other refill except the one from my current PCP. I got nowhere with him.

The next day I went to pick up my refill that had been approved by my current doctor. When I went in I was waited on me by the same pharmacist I had spoken with. We argued more and he told me that I could always go across the street to Rite Aid for my prescriptions. I was insulted that rather than admit an error they blame the customer and tell them to go elsewhere if they don't like it.

I dropped off my screenshots with the customer service desk without speaking to the manager because I had an appointment with H&R Block to get my taxes done. The Fred Meyer pharmacy is the in-network pharmacy on my Medicare Prescription plan.

I cannot and will not go across the street for better servicing. At the same time my pharmacy that I consider part of my health team now feel like an adversary that I cannot trust anymore.

User's recommendation: Be very mindful about your dealings with this pharmacy. They will not own up to their mistakes.

Guest

You seem to be more concerned with being right and feeling superior than getting your prescription. Instead of printing out screen shots and driving over to play Ms.

Superiority, you should have went to the doctor’s and picked up the prescription. The even larger point is you should be upset with the doctor. He obviously did not authorize enough refills to last until your next appointment. I’m surprised you didn’t catch that and set him straight.

It’s one thing to one-up the pharmacist but think how superior you would have felt correcting the doctor.

———- For my next complaint I will be contacting HP. My printer ink just doesn’t seem to last.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2484436

LMAO!!! Hahahaha

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2484604

you are easy to entertain.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2484436

I hope you enjoyed penning your reply. You know nothing about the surrounding facts.

You know nothing about what the prescription was for. You know nothing about having made an appointment with my doctor a month prior for her first available appointment a month away. The doctor was not at fault.

Maybe see someone about your enjoyment of ripping another person to shreds for public viewing. Now move on to your next victim.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2484645

No shredding anyone. Just an accurate description.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2484735

in your opinion

View more comments (5)
Spiritual M

Verified Buyer

Leaving after 19yrs as customer

Fred Meyer - Leaving after 19yrs as customer
Terrible & understaffed customer service, badly stocked shelves, sale priced items that aren't when you get to the register, super stupid digital sale ads that confuse most older shoppers and...Very Overpriced! I'll never shop there again!!
Cons:
  • Confusing digital discounts
  • Understaffed customer service
  • Badly stocked shelves

Preferred solution: The word out to management that a 19yr customer is done with them. I'm never going back!

User's recommendation: Never go there!

Randall M Rck
map-marker Renton, Washington

I bought $700 worth of Western Union Money Orders from Fred Meyers. They all bounced!

I'm a cross-country trucker. Sometimes Card Readers don't work at truck stops or fuel stations.

Front (steering axle) tires can run $750. It can take $1000 to fuel a truck. I like to have $1000 on me. But that's a lot of cash.

So I usually have 2 $100 Western Union and a $500 Western Union Money Order. Once I bought those at Fred Meyer. They all bounced! Fred Meyer's Western Union Money Orders expire in 60 days!

There are no signs announcing that Fred Meyers keeps the money used to purchase Western Union Money Orders after 2 months. Western Union's website says their Money Orders never expire.

I have repeatedly gone to Fred Meyer to complain. Recently half a dozen 'people' followed me out of the store, none had name tags, but clearly they were not shoppers, and began yelling at me, telling me to never come back.

I believe I have uncovered a massive fraud perpetrated by Fred Meyer's parent, The Kroger Corporation.

User's recommendation: Do Not buy Western Union Money Orders from Fred Meyers

Guest

You need to call Western Union and inquire. There is no explanation date.

Who told you it was expired? The only way they bounce is if the purchaser reported it stolen or the purchaser stopped payment.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2430068

*expiration date

Tinabobina G

| map-marker Oakland, California

Unbelievably bad customer service

This is in regard to one specific employee at one specific Fred Meyers. (His tag said" Dallas" and he stated he was the "acting manager" at the River road location.

My boyfriend and I had gone shopping and one of the items I chose had *** in it. When the cashier noticed this, he asked if we wanted to grab a replacement item instead. I said yes, so we continued our purchase. The cashier also politely offered a rewards card number to be used verses none like I was going to be doing.

My receipt says that saved me almost $200! So anyhow, the next day I had buyer's remorse because I purchased a large, and it's too big I just really liked the color etc. When being real with myself, a large is simply not going to be flattering, and I should return the jacket. When my boyfriend went to return the item.

The employee named Dallas started out by saying my receipt looked like it came out of the garbage!! How dare he imply my boyfriend is a thief! What really bothers me is that the purchase could be verified in several ways if the employee was willing to put out the effort. (We will call the employee D & my boyfriend B for efficiency purposes) D asked what rewards card was used and the fact that our cashier had kindly put in a store rewards # or something was explained.

D then said that he knows all the store rewards # and that's not it. B realized our cashier was working and told D this and pointed him out and said he could confirm all of this. D refused, saying he wasn't going to bother his employee while he's busy. B stated he was ok with patiently waiting till the cashier had a moment, and D still said no.

After being belittled, accused, argued with etc finally D said he would return a pair of shorts that we wanted to return as well but not my jacket because come to find out when we grabbed the jacket without *** to replace the one that the cashier had noticed. The cashier did not scan the jacket we took home. He apparently just left it as it was and had scanned the jacket with the hole that had been put back..or I'm not sure where it was put but again..mind you..all of this could have been verified by the cashier that had done the initial transaction with us. He was working and my boyfriend could see him from where the Dallas guy was saying these things.

It was so unbelievably rude and uncalled-for. Then this evening.. Although we hesitated.. My boyfriend went to return a pair of pants from the same purchase.

The bottom line is that night when we went shopping, we kinda over did it and needed to not spend as much as we did. When he took the pants in, the Dallas employee was there again. He was very rude. He argued about the reward's card again.

Then asked for my boyfriend's rewards #. When he gave it to him ( we didn't use his # because I had done the purchase, and he wasn't even standing with me during the cash register part) he typed it into the computer and then goes yea..see..nope. What the!? My boyfriend was like what are you talking about?

I didn't say we used that number. You asked for my #!. Then he demanded contact info for the head supervisor. And the employee replied with that he would not give my boyfriend her personal number!

My boyfriend actually had to tell him that he was not asking for anyone's personal number! At that point he left because he was very upset. He went to the west 11th store hoping for a better experience and the guy at the counter was very very rude and told my boyfriend that River road had already called and warned him about him!! Completely unbelievable!!

What is crazy is that we really did pay for the items!! It was an over $500 purchase!! I can not believe how rude. I'm in disbelief.

And I hate to bring out the race card. But I can't help but wonder if this is because my boyfriend is not white. I mean, I have never seen such blatant unwarranted bias and rudeness. We have the receipt!

And could prove that it was true, although I don't know why he was being treated like a liar and someone who had to prove anything beyond the receipt. The receipt was crumbly because it had gotten tossed into the back area of my SUV, where I have a stroller and a few bags of groceries. But I have never been treated that way, and I take it directly offensively for anyone to have treated my boyfriend like that. Not that I should have to defend him.

He is a good man that works hard. He's worked for the juvenile detention center for 12 years, he is a good Dad and is a good person and I'm going to keep telling myself that this was not discrimination.

But it surely was unbelievable, and I am going to make sure someone who cares from Fred Meyers hears about this is for sure.

I have the receipt but do not want to upload it for this purpose. I will be happy to show a employee etc.

User's recommendation: Do not deal with the employee named Dallas that works at the River road location. If you have no choice make sure to bring a witness. Also if you get a different item due to something being wrong with the item make sure the item you are leaving with is the item scanned for your receipt

My. Friend.

Is. The. Worse. I.

Dont. Know. Why. The.

Boss. Was. Cuss. At.

Them. Any. One. Can.

Do. Better. Dont. Shop fred.

Meyers. My. Friend. And.

Me. Never. Go. Fred.

Meyers. Again

Brelynn Lcu

| map-marker Portland, Oregon

Rude employee at Customer Service Desk

Regretfully chose to use the "Key Me" key copy machine located in the front of FM on Market St. in Salem.

After already scanning in keys and prepaying...an associate in a yellow vest advised me this machine had been malfunctioning for awhile, informed me that there is a "Kroger Key Machine" in the rear of this store.

I asked why there wasn't a sign posted warning customers it was malfunctioning or of the store brand machine location.

The associate waited as my keys were cut and dispensed. None of the keys were even close.

He advised that I go to the customer service desk, tell them that they know this machine is malfunctioning and to refund my $57.

The associate at customer service was EXTREMELY RUDE, refused any refund and demanded to know exactly which employee sent me to her. In attempting to answer, she rudely turns to the next in line and yells, next.

Awesome, I'm never going back for anything.

User's recommendation: I'm never using Fred Meyer again.

Tashima Fkj

NO is NOT the SAME as RUDE.

Kate M Uyx

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Vancouver, Washington

Was denied a posted advertised promotion, spend $x and get addional $x off

Fred Meyer - Was denied a posted advertised promotion, spend $x and get addional $x off

Just left and I'm furious. Shopped additional under the pretense that if I spent 50, 100, or 150 I'd get an additional $10, $20, $30 off.

This is a Thursday. I signs were everywhere attached to every %off sale sign. I went to check out and I was informed that promotion ended 2 days prior and management said sorry that ended and I threw away coupons so can't authorize to honor the posted promotion. Its less about the money and more about the lack of integrity and transparency.

Maliciously drawing you in to spend more only to zing you at the register for as much as possible.

Im a 45yr strong customer who will never return and so angry I'll be spreading the word as often as I can for a long time to come. Never shop at Fred Meyers you can get better, cheaper, and more transparency at any other chain

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Run away and don't fall victim to false advertising

Fred. Meyer.

Bosses. Workers. Will. Never.

Be. Human. If. Any.

One. Wants. To. Be.

Yelled. At. Be. Blamed.

For. Something. They. Did.

Not. Do. Go. Fred.

Meyers. It. Never. Get.

Better. Fred. Meyers. Is.

One. Big. Headache. Fred.

Meyer. Every. Thing. Cost.

To. Much.

My. Mom.

And. I. Were. In.

Fred. Meyer. We. Seen.

A. Overweight. Lady. Had.

A. Cake. From. Bakery.

This. Cake. Ice. Cream.

Going. To. Make. You.

Skinny. Fatso. My. Mom.

And. I. Said. The.

The. Guy. Worker. Stop picking on.

The. Lady. Should. You.

Be. Working. The. Lady.

Thank. My. Mom. And.

I. For. Take. Her.

Side. What. Wrong. With.

All. Fred. Meyers. Bosses.

Workers. Fred. Meyer. Is.

Not. Nice. Place.

To. Shop

map-marker Portland, Oregon

Complainstill never called or emailed me. Have done nothing about what I complained about.

Cosmetic service. Fred needs to assign a person to the cosmetic area, instead we wait 10 and no help arrives

User's recommendation: Go somewhere else for cosmetic needs.

Christine G Pdl

| map-marker Salem, Oregon

Sexual harassment and lgbtq discrimination

Updated by user Mar 05, 2023

I’ve reached out to managers, corporate, Kroger.com twitter and my attorney. So far we’re looking for compensation for the discrimination sexual harassment and pressing criminal charges on the employee.

No one has reached back to me so now I’m taking it to court.

Very disappointed and disheartened the way they allow this type of behavior to take place and no repercussions. I’m standing up for the lgbtq community and won’t back down

Original review Mar 05, 2023
yes my name is Christine green upon visiting your store on market in Lancaster Salem Oregon on March 4, 2023 at approximately 2:24 PM as my wife was cashing a check who identifies as a female formally known as Jason A cashier was extremely rude and un accommodating or helpful I myself Christine was in the restroom with my son changing his diaper. I asked my wife to come in and bring me a diaper as she was follow by the cashier Anna and told do not go into the females restroom never again to do that and next time ask another lady to bring me the diapers after she.

After she left, Anna came in to the handicap stall where I was changing my son to investigate the situation. I feel this was extremely inappropriate humiliating discriminatory and I would like to escalate it further . I went to the manager who just apologized and thats all. I am consulting my attorney as of now.

I have reached out to your Kroger.com and still no response I consulted my attorney who is going to raise his further. I would like Anna to be reprimanded, if not terminated and receive special training as well as compensated for the humiliation Inappropriate and discriminatory humiliation that she caused.

To the LGBTQ community as a whole, not just myself. Christine Green
Loss:

Preferred solution: Employee education on sexual harassment/ misconduct and discrimination against lgbtq

User's recommendation: Harassing employees sexual misconduct and lgbtq discrimination

Guest

If you reached out to an attorney and they didn’t stress to not talk about the incident, not post online about the incident or give any account to anyone, you need to find a new attorney.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2313959

Exactly! I am a certified paralegal and have worked in many different legal arenas. One thing that is consistently stressed to clients is to not talk to anyone about their legal issues, don't post about it online, etc.

map-marker Mountain Home, Idaho

Return policy and unprofessional customer service experience.

I purchased a wireless charging device for my I Phone. Plugged it in and placed it on my nightstand.

Threw away the packaging but kept the receipt. Ended up in the hospital prior to utilizing the device. Asked my husband to bring the unit to my hospital room so I could charge my phone. It didnt work.

Returned the item to the store for a refund after getting back home. Deparment Manager told me no refund without the packaging-store policy. I explained I understood policy but the box claimed the item would work for I Phones (apparently my phone is too old). When I asked to speak with a store manager her response was Because you just want your way.

I told her it was about customer service, I have been a good customer in the past, and this is a $30 dollar item.

Eventually the General Manager did appear and did refund me but not without a lot of aggravation on my part, which I didnt need considering my health. Poor poor customer service and customer interaction over a $30 portable charger.

User's recommendation: Avoid the technology department at Fred Meyers,

map-marker Renton, Washington

LGBTQ discrimination and sexual harassment

I would like Anna to be reprimanded, if not terminated and receive special training as well as compensated for the humiliation Inappropriate and discriminatory humiliation that she caused. To the LGBTQ community as a whole, not just myself

User's recommendation: Never go

Richard R Tnj
map-marker Kent, Washington

Complain

Every time I walk in the store I have secret shoppers invading my privacy instantly . They follow me around the whole time and make me feel uncomfortable. I am not basing this visit off one time. Its consistent to the point I am thinking of writing bad reviews and spreading the news online with other friends that have the same experience.its got so bad I have been recording me shopping and caught employees taking bad and making fun of myself and other customers. This location is Lynnwood, wa 98036

User's recommendation: Go to a different location

Bethany H Sln

| map-marker Spokane, Washington

Coinstar

Tried to redeem a coin star receipt my husband purchased and was treated rudely. They said my money was gone, it was no longer valid, and didnt express any concern nor look for any way to help me get my money back. I looked into it, and coinstar does help in these circumstances but these two just plain didnt care, even when I was using it to buy a small amount of emergency groceries.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don’t shop here. They are awful.

map-marker Lake Oswego, Oregon

Mistakes in delivery, missing iems

I have ordered groceries 3 weeks in a tow. The first two weeks the orders came without 2 and 2 items respectively;the third delivered today, had added coconut water which I did not order,

User's recommendation: Be more careful in packing orders. Make complsints easier ti file.

map-marker Coeur D Alene, Idaho

OUTRAGEOUS!

I went to Fred Meyer for a watch battery - just a battery. The lady took my watch and came back in a few minutes. She had put the battery in and charged me $16.95. I never asked to have it installed and I can open the back and install the battery myself thank you. Another woman who worked there said "by law if we open the back we have to put a battery in." What law? My legal friends are laughing uncontrollably.

User's recommendation: Save yourself! Don't go there!@!!

Halea Chj

| map-marker Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Cash Back Rebate

I'm pretty sure I solved my own problem not getting my cash back like I should when I went on the F.M. website and clicked on a cash back offer and it Didn't appear on my app as clicked. Now if I can just get them to give me the $75 they owe me. I've tried calling customer service about five times already with no luck. Usually they just hang up on me. Wonderful customer service at my local store but terrible on the phone.

User's recommendation: Use the website

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article