Back in 1999 I was in Aloha, Oregon visiting a business partner.After a few mornings of asking her and wondering what the temp was outside, I had the experience of entering a Fred Meyer for the first time in my life.

There I purchased her an outdoor thermometer for her patio. That night I bought it to her. She told me she had a nice one but it wasn't mounted. She then mounted it, and requested that I return the newly purchased item.

So, the following day I went into the same Fred Meyer in Beaverton, Oregon and asked for a refund. I had a pristine item and the cash receipt in perfect condition. The receipt was for $19.99, the cost of the item (no sales tax in Oregon). I was denied a refund, for not having my ID with me.

I just took the item and receipt when I went to the store (besides fresh air, my only reason for going out that evening), and not my wallet, which I left in a dresser drawer. Now, I am not saying I would have shown them my ID even if I had it with me, but I didn't have it. Needless to say, I was pissed off. I did have the manager called, and he gave me the same static.

Although I was mad, I never was threatening, or disrespectful. I merely requested a legitimate explanation, and asked if their ID demand was "policy". Of course, it wasn't policy. At least not back in 1999 in wasn't.

The cashier who sold me the item was 20 feet away at the same register she was the night before. Remember, that was my first time EVER in a Fred Meyer. Cash receipt, pristine item, and 24 hours later at the same store. The way they demanded my driver's license as a way to deny the return made me boil inside.

Not at all stated on ANY policy of theirs. So now, 2017 and 18 years after that incident, my company is transferring me to Oregon. Let it be known Fred Meyer, that I will enter your establishment often. Not to purchase a *** thing, but to pay you scumbags back.

I will break, mutilate, destroy or otherwise make unusable any and all items in your store that I can reasonably and safely do undetected. Even if I just snap a few thermometers once or twice a week as I reach for them. Or spray paint from a palm size container onto Columbia sportswear and other higher end apparel. But oh, trust me.

Just as I have taken the time to write of this incident 18 years after the fact. How I still get bent just thinking about it, my damage will go far beyond just a few thermometers and $19.99. It's ashamed when a company like Walmart overwhelms other stores and forces them out of business, thus killing competition. And make no mistake about it.

Fred Meyer has a much higher quality of product than Walmart. But I don't give a ***. I have read much about Fred Myer over the years, and they have some really deceptive and downright larcenous practices. I have already purchased a home in Oregon, and will probably retire there.

So, possibly for decades (unless they go under sooner), Fred Meyer will suffer the financial loss I will be heaping upon them. And trust this. I can destroy far more than the biggest thief could fleece from them.

My aim isn't to profit from this, but to cost them.Like they cost others.

Review about: Fred Meyer Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Fred Meyer?

Comments

Oh please do that!! I can't wait to see your mugshot! :D

WOW !Almost 20 years ago and you are still overwhelmingly angry.

Really ? You as an adult would go into a store and break items?

Please consider getting help for mental issues before you are arrested for " break, mutilate, destroy or otherwise make unusable any and all items in your store that I can reasonably and safely do undetected. Even if I just snap a few thermometers once or twice a week as I reach for them.

Or spray paint from a palm size container onto Columbia sportswear and other higher end apparel.But oh, trust me."

You are a danger to yourself and others.