5K views

I love Fred Meyers. I have always shopped there. But is Fred Meyers so hard up for employees that they have to hire employees with hardware on their face. Maybe I am old fashioned. I am use to employees at New Seasons, Starbucks, and small stores to have alternative dress codes, but I expect higher-end stores to have some sort of dress code. It is disconcerting to look at someone with metal hanging on their nose. I am sure Mr. Meyer would not approve of the look of some of your employees. Please think about my complaint.

Still a loyal customer,

LMC

Had an Experience with Fred Meyer?

Comments

The way a person chooses to dress or do with their bodies. Has nothing to do with how they work or perform tasks.

This is hilarious considering that it does nots with you or your life at all. Also you're being super old schooled and ridiculous, let people express themselves the way they want with piercings and "metal hanging out of their nose" who cares? Its their face and their body not yours get over it.

Forest Grove, Oregon, United States #1302310

If you have a problem with any style of dress then you are living in the wrong city.Portland is all about acceptance and tolerance and art.

You are very old fashioned, and while I understand your preconceptions based on out of date notions, but please try to open your mind.

"Hardware on the face" as you call it does not prevent them from doing their job, it does not make them better or worse in any way.Your personal opinion is your only basis, and the opinion of others should NEVER dictate policy or others actions, only logic should.

Mr LMC I do believe you are being very old fashioned.Does "hardware" on someone's face inhibit their ability to give you excellent service?

Does it make them a bad person?

Are they more likely to be rude to a customer?In my experience people who are able to express themselves in harmless way are happy people, and these same people who were previously shunned from the "higher end" jobs, as you so eloquently stated, they work very hard to overcome narrow minded stereotypes, such as the one you have expressed here.

Seattle, Washington, United States #1199557

If a little bit of jewelry is that "disconcerting" to you when it has zero effect on the excellent customer service you receive, maybe you should order online to avoid having your delicate sensibilities offended.I might not think someone looks good in their uniform khakis or think they'd be easier on the eyes with a different haircut, but guess what...

How someone looks has NOTHING to do with the service they provide. As long as that "metal hanging on their nose" isn't coming from a crusty, infected piercing, what's it to you? The employee is clean and helpful.

It isn't 1950 anymore...Unbutton that collar and loosen up.

i love that fred meyer lets their employees be them self and express themselves at work.I think by doing this they are making a better working environment for the employees and a better shopping environment for the customers because their workers are comfortable and happy.

Have you ever worked at a job where you were completely uncomfortable and unhappy and your views and ideas arent accepted?I feel like fred meyer is creating an environment where its employees feel comfortable enough to be themselves and have their own ideas and i think thats wonderful!

Give it a rest lmao. It doesn't affect you personally

Well pissed of consumer, why don't you catch up with the times?If you don't like looking at people with "hardware" on their faces, you might as well just plan on staying in your home at all times or you're just going to continue to live your life as a pissed off old grouch that nobody, not even yourself, can stand to be around.

Bitter old dirt bag until the end. Or... you could just be happy that you still have a person there to help you when you need it despite their piercing.

Fire that person with a nose ring and you'll just complain that nobody is there to help you, the cycle never ends.You always need SOMETHING to *** about.

I just got hired today, we are allowed piercings but no lip tongue or eyebrows.I have my lip pierced but I have a clear one that isn't noticeable so that's what I wear or I'll take it out during my shift.

I also was told our tattoos can show as long as they are not offensive or vulgar.If you don't like tattoos or piercings then don't get them but do not be someone who shames people for having them it's not right to criticize someone's personal style.

This just blows my mind that anyone could be this small minded.Who cares if someone has a piercing!!!

I suppose you also feel a fat person or not so attractive person should not be allowed to work at a high end store.Look in the mirror realize your faults, quit judging people and get over it.