Fred Meyer Senior Discount Day set up to harm seniors
Fred Meyer has a senior discount day on the first Tuesday of each month. So, seniors like me make a big shopping trip and save $10 to $30 on FM's already good prices. Management requires you to tell clerks that you are a senior, even if you know the friendly clerk and the clerk knows you are a senior and you are in line with five other seniors. The friendly clerks often start talking to you and then they 'forget' to scan the senior discount.
Note that their ads say, "Just ask your cashier for the senior discount." That's too funny, seniors remembering something like that after barely being able so shop.
When they forget to give you the discount, you have a to go to customer service. Today the sales clerk forgot to give the discount to the person in front of me and apologized and told the customer to go to customer service (they didn't, the customer was ticked) where customer service would manually hunt through the invoice and key in each item and then hand back a refund. The first thing I told this clerk was I was a senior. She said she would scan the discount code. We got to talking about nothing and general and the sales clerks last words to me were..... you'll have to go to customer service to get your refund.
At customer service, DeeDee, a ten year employee asked me to get the stuff out of my three bags of groceries. I started to hunt and peck for the items, but I realized how *** the request was and that Dee Dee could manually input the item numbers just like the last time this happened to me. (Plus Dee Dee was a little rude, probably because she hates ringing up the refunds manually). Oh and customer service should know that you have to remove the top layers of merchandise to see whats on the bottom, and the counter is the best place to put the stuff.
I was a little frustrated, but I thought this senior discount scam isn't Dee Dee's fault. Dee Dee didn't tell the employees not to ask customers if they are seniors and Dee Dee can't control a sales clerk who forgets to scan the discount code even though the sales clerk was told. So I was handed two bucks and some change, which I thought was a little light. But the line of ticked off seniors was behind me was getting huge and I thought it best to leave.
I got home and the credit receipt she stubbornly gave me, only because I asked, was a credit for over six bucks and she hadn't even rung up all of the eligible items. I take responsibility for not checking the refund receipt, but those seniors behind me were hot....
Anyway, what a scam. Can you imagine all of the seniors who go on the first Tuesday and think they are getting their refund automatically. Maybe they think the refund is tied into their rewards card, which it should be. It's big bucks, trust me. Just talk to the clerks on Senior Tuesday. They say it happens all of the time. Then talk to customer service folks like Dee Dee. But watch out, she might rip off your head.
Fred Meyer management should be ashamed of themselves for their management of this policy. And they should send all of their seniors a big fat check every year.review #247096
You may also like
- "This is what I found after opening a can of Wylwood "fresh" cut green beans i bought yesterday! You have got to be kidding me......"
- "settled down I decided to make me a bowl of ice cream that I had just bought one hour before that i stopped at the store on my way home..."
- "Last week I purchased 4 bottles of pnhsodaandsyrupinc.com fromBedford Cheese Shop for $58.00My wife wanted a soda treat, but the trick was on her.The syrup was stale, rancid, and disgusting.Bedford..."
- "Jim Horn of Cloudcap Construction in Eugene Oregon did a very poor job installing doors, and window and baseboard trim and molding in my home. He installed a..."
- "After receiving horrible customer service and walking out on $3000 worth of furniture, 3 hours of time. We decided to go back and only purchase the coffee table and end..."
- "I ORDERED a COMFORTABLE FABRIC COVERED, CAMO COLORED, AUTO-INFLATABLE LIFE JACKET (full size) by item number listed with picture and description as advertised on their website - I received..."
- "1..............they have posted lies and slanderous as well as mis leading information about their competitors. they claim to be 1 of 2 of the ONLY licensed & certified Hoarder Cleaners..."
- "Over-priced, poorly constructed cheap materials made in China. The clothes and accessories always wear out fast. The shirts become loose and fall apart, same with he dresses, shoes fall apart,..."
- "services sucks ...i had a tech coming home twice ...nothing... the internet still slow and dropping ...i upgrade to blast 50mb/s ..even worst nothing else to say ..every time..."