Fred Meyer has a senior discount day on the first Tuesday of each month. So, seniors like me make a big shopping trip and save $10 to $30 on FM's already good prices. Management requires you to tell clerks that you are a senior, even if you know the friendly clerk and the clerk knows you are a senior and you are in line with five other seniors. The friendly clerks often start talking to you and then they 'forget' to scan the senior discount.
Note that their ads say, "Just ask your cashier for the senior discount." That's too funny, seniors remembering something like that after barely being able so shop.
When they forget to give you the discount, you have a to go to customer service. Today the sales clerk forgot to give the discount to the person in front of me and apologized and told the customer to go to customer service (they didn't, the customer was ticked) where customer service would manually hunt through the invoice and key in each item and then hand back a refund. The first thing I told this clerk was I was a senior. She said she would scan the discount code. We got to talking about nothing and general and the sales clerks last words to me were..... you'll have to go to customer service to get your refund.
At customer service, DeeDee, a ten year employee asked me to get the stuff out of my three bags of groceries. I started to hunt and peck for the items, but I realized how *** the request was and that Dee Dee could manually input the item numbers just like the last time this happened to me. (Plus Dee Dee was a little rude, probably because she hates ringing up the refunds manually). Oh and customer service should know that you have to remove the top layers of merchandise to see whats on the bottom, and the counter is the best place to put the stuff.
I was a little frustrated, but I thought this senior discount scam isn't Dee Dee's fault. Dee Dee didn't tell the employees not to ask customers if they are seniors and Dee Dee can't control a sales clerk who forgets to scan the discount code even though the sales clerk was told. So I was handed two bucks and some change, which I thought was a little light. But the line of ticked off seniors was behind me was getting huge and I thought it best to leave.
I got home and the credit receipt she stubbornly gave me, only because I asked, was a credit for over six bucks and she hadn't even rung up all of the eligible items. I take responsibility for not checking the refund receipt, but those seniors behind me were hot....
Anyway, what a scam. Can you imagine all of the seniors who go on the first Tuesday and think they are getting their refund automatically. Maybe they think the refund is tied into their rewards card, which it should be. It's big bucks, trust me. Just talk to the clerks on Senior Tuesday. They say it happens all of the time. Then talk to customer service folks like Dee Dee. But watch out, she might rip off your head.
Fred Meyer management should be ashamed of themselves for their management of this policy. And they should send all of their seniors a big fat check every year.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Senior Discount Day
- Review category
- Food Stores
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "...Found a trident gum wrapper cooked into and sticking out of a "L'oven Fresh" Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bagel...distributed by ALDI corporation. A complaint was sent to the Aldi corp stating..."
- "Deli employees get real mad when you request "thin sliced" meats n cheeses. First let me add, you need to ensure the SLICERS are clean.. Port Richey, FL is terrible..."
- "I am going to post this until everybody knows, and hope they change their spending habits... A different store could use the business... Wal-Mart has lost mine. Wal-Mart is so..."
- "I rented a truck to move across country and the truck leaked, soaking my mattress set and a painting. I provided current quotes from the manufacturer and photos of the..."
- "Jim Horn of Cloudcap Construction in Eugene Oregon did a very poor job installing doors, and window and baseboard trim and molding in my home. He installed a..."
- "After receiving horrible customer service and walking out on $3000 worth of furniture, 3 hours of time. We decided to go back and only purchase the coffee table and end..."
- "Visit: Saturday, August 27th, 2016- 3:15am Location: 5002 N Dixie Hwy/ E Commercial Blvd Oakland Park, FL 33334- 4004 I have NEVER in my life left a bad review online. However, this early..."
- "i got a dog a while ago ( 2008 )there. paid 1700 dollars for her ( *** dumb i know ) . she was purebred mini dachshund . anyways after..."
- "Goos morning, i tried to ooen a complaint through the huawei's site but i haven't reply. i bought my huawei p9 plus the 6th of august in italy. Two days..."